We live right next to a bike path and I love running on it because it goes into a wooded area and it is so beautiful. So I went for a run the other day and headed south on my favorite path. There is a bird that flies with me for a portion of my run. He is great. I love meeting up with him and watching him "run" with me. It cracks me up. So after he left me another bird showed up and I thought he wanted to "run" with me as well. Boy was I wrong. I was smiling about my new friend and all of a sudden he dive bombed me. He pulled a chunk of my hair with his claws. It scared the crap out of me. I literally thought he was going to peck my eyes out. So after a few more dive bombs he left my side and I was alone again. I was half crying and half laughing because that section of the path runs right along side of the freeway and I could just imagine all the motorists seeing this poor girl getting attacked by a bird. What a sight that must have been. I got to the end of my run and had to turn around. There is no other path to take so I had to run passed this bird again. I knew he was going to get me but this time I was prepared. I turned my music off and tip-toed up to the area where the bird was. Then, all of a sudden there were 3 birds. Yup, that's right, he enlisted 2 of his buddies. They were relentless. I was screaming and clapping and swatting at them but they would not leave me alone. There has to be a nest there. Needless to say I was so scared I ran off the path and through the woods and ended up miles away from my house. My 40 minute run ended up being an hour and 40 minutes. By the time I got home I was so shaken up I could hardly breath. I told J the story and all he could do was laugh. I couldn't blame him, I am sure it was hilarious to see. So the other day J wanted to see if he could get the birds to attack him. Sure enough he hit the area where they live and they came out and dive bombed him as well. They clawed the back of his head a bit but again all he could was laugh. I think he as decided to run the other direction for a while. Silly birds! Careful, they'll get ya!
4 comments:
oh my!!! That sounds horrible. Seems like there is some horror movie about birds attacking.
A. Hitchcock! The Birds!
Katie-this story is so funny I almost peed my pants. Careful, girl!
You are so hilarious Katie, I miss you so much! Careful on your run.
OMGosh thats awesome! I would have loved to see that/ Go there again with a video and video hubs getting attacked, that'd be sweet! and yes i am evil, lol!
-h
Post a Comment