Monday, March 17, 2008

The luck of the Irish!!

Happy St. Patty's day everyone. J and I headed downtown Dtown yesterday for the St Patty's day parade. It was the longest parade I have ever seen. (The most low budget parade as well.) The parade itself was 2 and a half hours long. Holy cow. I couldn't believe it. It felt like we were there forever. We sat in front of my friends restaurant and enjoyed yummy bbq food. I could eat there every day if that were possible. After the parade a group of REI peeps went to Mexico Town for dinner. I ordered the "Gringa" cause it made me laugh. It was pretty good too.

Still getting over my ear infection. My hearing has not come back completely but I read that it can take awhile for that so I am being patient. However, I did not know that woman are highly likely to get yeast infections after taking antibiotics so guess what I got. Yup, a yeast infection. I swear this is never going to end. It is the gift that keep on giving. Can't wait to be all better.

One more thing before I sign off. Dusty and Areli this is for you especially. I have decided to run the Detroit half marathon in October. I am 31 weeks out and am starting training this week. I know, a bit over kill but I haven't run for a while so I want to get back to where I was before my real training starts. I think you guys should sign up for a half in October and we can train together over the net. The St. George is in the beginning of October, could be a good one to sign up for. Anyway, I am throwing this out there for anyone who is interested. It is always better to train in a group and I know that I am going to need the support and push. Let me know if you are up for it. Here's to hitting the pavement again. Yippee!!

3 comments:

AllisonK said...

Sorry to hear that you are still struggling with your ear infection and a yeast infection to boot.

I'm excited to hear about your progress towards the race. That is very cool.

dusty kay said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. I always end up having problems when I start an anti~biotic I think thats why I wait until I am really, really sick before I head to the doc. So I totally feel your pain! Get some rest...

Anyway, would love,love to train with you via the net! It will push me to run more outside. I'm doing really well with the treadmill, but thats because It tells me how far I've ran. Don't you have the Nike shoes that fit with your IPod? I should try those out. Let me know when you are ready? Will you email the web site you will be using to train with?

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

I'M TRAINING NOW!!!! whooo hooo. OK not for a 1/2 marathon but still. I don't think I've ever run a mile in my life so going for a whole 13 is crazy to me. However I am starting to walk run next week. I am totally excited. It still hurts a bit to walk more than around the neighborhood but it'll get there. I'm going for a one mile walk next week. :-) (ok before you think I'm a total wuss I did have a c-section 2 weeks ago, it'll be a while before i can run). So my longwinded point is maybe I'll be able to walk 13 miles by October. That's my plan.