Monday, March 03, 2008

A quick recap!!

Since it's been a month since I last posted I thought I would fill everyone in. I went home for a visit for the first time since I have been out here in MI. I flew standby on a Sunday on the way out there which is never a good idea. I got stuck in AZ and had to buy a ticket to get to SLC. I didn't care how much the ticket was I just wanted to get to SLC. I left our house in MI at 4:30 am and did not get to Brian's house until 9:00 pm. I was so happy to get to his house. Monday and Tuesday were great. Spent some time with the family and friends. It was so good to see everyone. Wednesday I woke up feeling yucky. I ended up going to bed on Wed at 4:00 pm and slept until Thursday at noon. I felt like death. Sore throat, runny nose, fever, cough, chills, it was awful. Thursday, Friday and Saturday (the day I was supposed to fly home) I laid low. Lots of time on the couch. Miss, Stinky, Davis, Mimi, Braden, Mason, Anne and Alex all got sick too. I felt so bad. Matt told me to never return with my Detroit small pox. It was awful. By Sunday I was feeling a little better and Monday I flew home. I had to buy another one way ticket to get home but again, at that point all I wanted to do was get home. The only flight available was the late flight so I didn't get home until 3am Tuesday morning. It was rough. My ear was hurting during the flight but I did not think anything of it until I got home and could not sleep because it hurt so bad. J ended up taking me to the emergency room at 6 am. I had a really bad ear infection and had to be put on antibiotics. I thought my ear drum had burst it hurt so bad. I called in sick to work on Tuesday and spent the day in bed. Wednesday I got out of bed to move to the couch and that was it. I am more than half way finished with my antibiotics and my ear is still hurting and I can't hear a thing out of it. One of the wives who is a nurse said she thought I needed a stronger antibiotic and that I should go back to the dr. Well, I don't know any docs out this way so she gave me the name of one. I called today to make an appointment and they can't see me until the 17th of March. What!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?! That is 2 weeks away. By then I could get sick again or loose my hearing or god knows what else. I hate the medical system in this country. What a joke. So now I don't know what to do. I am debating calling a doc back home and telling them the situation and seeing if they can just call in a prescription for me. I know that's not the best but I need something quick. Anyone have any other ideas. I have asked around for the name of another doc but they are all miles and miles away. Do I just look one up under my insurance plan and just pick a name? Help!! Give me some ideas please. It's times like this that I really miss home. ARUP has on site docs so you don't even have to leave the work area. I didn't know how good I had it when I was there. Anywho, that is my latest drama. J has started coughing and I don't want him to get sick. He has been taking his vitamins so hopefully he won't get worse. Sorry if I missed you when I was home. Sorry if I got you sick when I was home. I promise the next time I come it will be much better. It was good to see those that I did.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Sorry you got so sick. Maybe try getting pregnant, I have not even had so much as a runny nose since I got pregnant. It is really nice!!!! As far as the Dr. thing Nathan and I have moved soooo much that we have had to just go with a name based on our insurance plan. We have had good luck so far. In your situation all you need is a RX so just go to anyone if you like them great, if not try a different one next time.

Anonymous said...

Have you thought abut calling your Uncle Peter he is an ear nose and through doctor. I think he might be able to help you out call me if you need his number or call you dad he should have peters number. Love you Aunt Nancy and I hope you feel beter Soon!

Lili said...

Tia Nancy beat me to it, I was going to recommend calling Uncle Peter. It was nice to see you, hope you guys feel better soon!

Carrie-Area Director said...

So sorry your trip wasn't all you thought it would be! At least you had a small amount of time home while feeling well! Why don't you just go to a walk-in clinic, get the meds you need and then start asking around for a real family dr for the next time something happens! Hope you're better soon!

AllisonK said...

I was so sad to have missed seeing you, but I'm more sad that you have been so sick. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

Andrew seems to have good luck just picking a random dr with his insurance. I'd call Uncle Peter though...if you need his number holler. :) hope you get feeling better soon.

Nancy C. #12 said...

I started to blog send the address to family please
http://lifeisgood46.blogspot.com/
Love Aunt Nancy