Saturday, September 08, 2007

The perfect day after a rough night, sort of!

Johno and I were supposed to go out to dinner with Kyt last night but he called around 5pm and said he could not go. Denise, Jess's mom went in for a mammogram 2 weeks ago and they found a lump. She went in for a biopsy this week and it came back cancerous. They don't know much right now. She is going in next week to have the rest of the lump removed and they will go from there. Kyt wasn't sure what Jess wanted him to do so he cancelled dinner with us, understandably. Jess and her family were up at the country house and said they were ok if Kyt stayed in Ypsi so we went over to talk with him and to have drinks. As I wrote yesterday Johno met with the GM and he signed his contact. Kyt asked how the meeting went with Bibb and asked if Johno had gotten insurance. (Johno asked at the end of last year if he could get insurance since he is an asst. coach. Bibb said he would look into it and get back with him. That is one of the reasons I was ok moving out here.) Well, I guess it's not going to happen. I instantly lost my noodle. All sorts of stuff came gushing out of my mouth. I think the term is called word vomit. "Well, I guess that means we aren't having a baby any time soon. So much for that. And with the team moving us into new apartments I don't even know if we can get a dog now. WTF! I am so sick of the team ruling our lives! When are we going to be able to make our own decisions?" I was so upset I left Kyt's and came home to think. Johno returned a few hours later and I totally broke down. "What if I find a lump? What if something happens to me or to you? I hate not having insurance." He told me he understood and that he thought that I would be getting insurance through REI. "Did you forget I don't even have the job yet? What if I don't want to work after we have a baby? What if I can't work? Then what do we do for insurance?" I finally calmed down and we went to sleep. Today Johno had 2 soccer games and wanted to go and look at some cars he is interested in buying. I opted to stay home, sleep in and watch the sixth and final season of Sex and the city. (It came yesterday in the mail!) It has been a lovely day, nothing but knitting and watching tv until just now. One of the characters on the show was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Totally broke down again. It is amazing how things just sneak up on you like that. Please please please think positive thoughts for Denise and her family. I know she is going to be ok but it is still scary as hell! My mind is going a mile a minute right now and I worry I am going to go on forever so, I promise to update when I know more, I am fine, Johno and I are having date night tonight and do not take anything for granted. You never know when your last breath is going to be! Enjoy every minute you have, it might be your last. (Wow, that is a terrible way to end a blog.) How about, if today is my last day on earth please know that I love you all? We are going down hill fast so until tomorrow, good night and I love you!

No comments: