Thursday, September 13, 2007

The catch up

Well, I have good news and sad news. We will start with the sad news. Matt called Tuesday and said that Gramps had died on Monday night. He had recently been diagnosed with cancer and was not doing very well. Also, one of Joyces good friends died on Tuesday. Double whammy for her. You are in my thoughts Roberts family. He also said that Candices great grandmother had passed on Sunday. Love you Candice. That is three so lets hope we are done for now. Denise is going in today for her second surgery. We went and picked raspberries at a local family farm here yesterday. We had a long talk and she seems to be doing pretty well. She is prepared to lose her breast if need be. I am anxious to hear how everything goes.

Now for the good news. REI called yesterday and I got a job. I am going to be working in the footwear dept. How appropriate. I am going in for a store meeting on Sunday night and then there is a footwear meeting on Monday night. Yippee! I am so excited. My manager was laughing because I have not even asked how much they are going to pay me. I told him I just wanted the discount. Also, Johno got a car yesterday. (It was a big day.) He got a 2005 Toyota Matrix, black. He got a smokin deal on it. It only has 22500 miles on it and he got it for way under kelly blue book. I am so glad he has wheels. Now Kevin can rest from all the hard work he has been doing. He needs to rest. I suggested that we call the new car Sue. Johno is a Johnny Cash fan and he sings a song called a Boy named Sue. (Johnny Cash is the man in black. See the connection?) Johno just likes Johnny Cash. I am sticking to Sue. He is looking at apts for the team right now but I promise to post pics when I get a chance.

Here are my stats for Sunday's run. I have been so busy with everything that I have not run until today.
Run 2 1/2 minutes walk 2 1/2 minutes 12 times
5.07 miles
1 hour 7 seconds
11.50 pace
639 calories

It was a good run. We had the Apple's dog on Sunday so Johno and Duke came with me. It was nice to have company.

2 comments:

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

I'm sorry for your loss. You are a rock. I know your friend is lucky to have you in her life right now.

Congrats on the REI job. I love love love that store. :-)

Montserrat said...

Congrats on the REI job!! That's great news. As for all your losses, I send my condolences. Usually these things happen in three's, have you noticed that?