Friday, September 14, 2007

More catch up

So I decided to take the GPS with me on my run today and boy is there a big difference.

Stats:
Run 2 1/2 minutes walk 2 1/2 minutes 10 times
Nike Ipod
4.41 miles
50 minutes 38 seconds
11.28 pace
555 calories

Garmin
3.84 miles
50 minutes 59 seconds
13.16 pace
726 calories

Hmmmm . . . I know that the Garmin is more accurate because it is a GPS system and the Ipod is only a pedometer but that is a big difference. I know that I am not preparing to qualify for the olympics or anything but it is nice to know the right stats.

I will say that the weather is so nice today. There was a little bit of a breeze, the leaves are starting to change, all the animals were out preparing for the winter. I loved it. It is so much easier running in the cooler weather.

Denise's surgery did not happen yesterday. They did an MRI and that showed that her tumor is much bigger than they expected which is not good. They rescheduled her surgery for this Thursday and are going in with a different plan now. We had a good talk yesterday after she got home. I told her I wished I had the magic words to say to make everything ok but I don't. Having gone threw this many times you would think that I would, but I don't. She has been taking notes for me threw all of this which I think is amazing. She is so sick and she is asking questions for and about me too. I keep telling her to take care of her and then we will worry about me. I do appreciate the thought though.

I went to a photography seminar last night. It was so interesting and exciting. It was lead by a nature photographer and his pictures are amazing. One of his shots is being considered to be hung at the Smithsonian. I can't wait to get a camera. Fun fun fun!

No comments: