Saturday, September 15, 2007

Michigan is a strange place

Here is a list of odd things in Michigan. Enjoy!

There are very few left hand turns. Most intersections make you go threw the light and then flip a u-turn. It is called a Michigan left and I am not a big fan. I usually end up doing circles for a while.

There are very few right hand turns on red lights. Most intersections you have to wait for the light to turn green. HUH?

The speed limit is 70! I feel like I am constantly racing when I am on the freeway. What's funny about this is everyone tailgates. I guess 70 mph is not fast enough for the people here. And, people give you nasty looks if you drive a foreign car. Johno has been flipped off for driving a Toyota. It makes you feel like a bad American.

The mosquito's are as big as small cats. Ok, not really but boy are they awful. I went to one of Johno's games last weekend and by half time you could only see half way across the field because the mosquito's were so thick. It was like a thick fog on the field.

I live in a town named Ypsilanti. Can't get much stranger than that!

There are very few Starbucks here which is nice but strange. Wouldn't you think there would be 5 million in a college area? Students need coffee to stay up to cram all night right?

All in all Michigan is great. I love that the leaves are already starting to change. I love the cooler weather. But most of all I love being with my husband!

2 comments:

Carrie-Area Director said...

You're right, it's WEIRD there! I wonder if visitors notice these things or if you only noticed because you are living there now....

AllisonK said...

what a week you have had.

The mosquitoes sound quite unpleasant there. I might have to stay away, they feast on me here.