Today was a joyous day. I went to both IKEA and Costco, all by myself, with Johno's card. It was such a great afternoon. I went down every aisle possible and took 2 hours at both places. And guess what else!?!?!?! Costco sells wine here! Did I mention how great today is?! But wait, there is more. The weather today was amazing. (Strange that I am so excited to spend a gorgeous day inside shopping!) It was only 80, low humidity and clear skies. (You know, the one that looks like the start of a Simpon's episode.) I love it.
Quick recap. . .
Thursday Johno and I went to Grand Rapids because his girls had a game there. It took us 3 hours to get there. It started raining at half time so the ref called a 30 minute break to see what was going to happen. Thank goodness he decided to play on after the 30 minute break. 3 hours of driving for half a game, I would have been pissed.
Friday Johno had the afternoon off so we went and got his mattress and set up our bed finally. We have been sleeping in the sleeping bags my aunt made us for the last 2 weeks. I love the sleeping bags and all but I did not move 1600 miles to sleep next to my husband in a sleeping bag. I am so glad to have real sheets and real pillows. I was having nightmares every night but have not had one since we moved into our bed.
Running stats for Friday:
Run 30 seconds walk 4 minutes 30 seconds 8 times
3.47 miles
47 minutes 20 seconds
13:37 pace
437 calories
Saturday Johno and I slept in, in our new bed, and then headed to the farmers market. We did not need much since Jess brought over 2 more bags of veggies for us. I think we are going to make veggie Jumbo. Yum! I will let you know how it turns out. We walked around Kerrytown after the market, got a cup of joe, smelled the flowers, shared a muffin . . . Johno got his hair cut on the way home. All in all it was a good morning. Johno had a bachelor party last night. They went to the Tiger's game. I got a new disc of Sex and the City yesterday so I had a fun evening with "the girls."
BTW, did I mention to everyone that I am taking a trip to NYC in October? Remember last November I went for my friend Kristen's birthday? Well, we are going again. We are calling it the K & K trip. (It is just the two of us going this year.) I can't wait. I am looking into shows and I am having a really hard time narrowing it down. I hope to be done with the book Wicked by then so I would love to see that again but I have not seen Dreamgirls yet or Avenue Q. Any others anyone can suggest and make my decision harder?
Today's running stats:
Run 1 minute 30 seconds walk 3 minutes 30 seconds 10 times
4.45 miles
57 minutes 45 seconds
12:57 pace
561 calories
One more BTW, I am down a notch on my belt and have lost 2 pounds. Yeah me! I feel really good. So good in fact that I am thinking of running the Detroit half marathon in October. Well, I wouldn't run the whole thing. I would most likely do a walk run like I am doing now. I ran my first half with a 13 something pace and that is what I am running/walking now so I think I can do it. In a few weeks I am going to do a 10 miler and see how I feel. If I can handle it I am going to sign up. Should be interesting. I will keep you updated.
That's it for now. I am off to put together my new IKEA stuff. The new 2008 catelog is out. I picked mine up today and can't wait to flip through it. Am I an easy person to please or what?!
No comments:
Post a Comment