Thanks for the positive feed back on my last post. It is good to know that I am not alone in this situation. I think all of you are beautiful no matter what size or shape you are. I love diversity in the world cause how boring would it be if we all looked exactly the same.
I went shopping for some new clothing last night. I literally have nothing that fits and have been wearing sweats for the last 2 months cause I refuse to buy clothes for the weight that I am. Well, I am sick to death of sweats and know that I would feel so much better if I could get up and get dressed for the day. So, I got 2 pair of levi's, 3 shirts, 3 new bras (the best new thing to have in my opinion), a sweater (I know, it is summer time and I bet those of you in UT would rather die than think of buying or wearing sweaters right now but it was only $6) and 3 pair of workout bottoms. This should hold me over until I can wedge into the next size down which I have plenty of clothing for. What a pain in the a**. I was really frustrated last night shopping because at most stores, I notice that the largest size was an XL which is like a 16 - 18 but what do people do who are bigger than that? I was really pissed at the clothing industry. I read somewhere a while ago that less than 15% of America is a size 6 or smaller. And that the clothing industry uses a size 6 for all of their patterns and then either increases or decreases for smaller of larger sizes. Isn't that crazy! 15%! And 40% of all american woman are a size 14 or bigger so why would and XL be a size 16 - 18? Shouldn't that be sized for just above average cause it is? I think the clothing industry needs a serious make over. I know that there are tiny woman out there, Kelly my sister in law is a 00, I am not saying that we need to exclude them but we need to do something about the upper sizes. Maybe instead of jumping by 2 numbers, 2 4 6 8 10, we should grow in increments of 1, 1 2 3 4 . . . Or we could start with an extra extra small for those that are a 00. Any other suggestions? Whoa, that was quiet a rant. I am exhausted now.
So, Johno did not get the Prius. He thought the guy selling the car was fishy so he passed. We found a dog at the pound that we are going to call about today. Check him out! Ok, so never mind, I think that blogger has problems with Mac's because the spell check never works from our computer and now I can not find the link button. Geez! Well, here is the full address if you are interested. I love him to death and can't wait to meet him. http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7656778
We are going to Cincinnati this weekend for a tournament that Johno's girls are playing in. Saturday he only 2 games, yippee, but Sunday he has 5 games. I am not going to complain though, 2 games on Sat is great.
I have not gone for my run today so I can't post stats but for those of you that are doing the program with me it is another run 30 seconds and walk 4 mins 30 sec 8 times. I must go because I have a ton to do before we leave. Have a great weekend! Now go and get your running shoes on!
PS, 4 loads of laundry and one run later . . .
Today's stats:
Run 30 seconds walk 4 minutes 30 seconds 8 times
3.45 miles
48 minutes 11 seconds
13:56 pace
435 calories
I run with the Nike/Ipod nano set up which I highly recommend. If you have had a personal best that run Lance Armstrong, whom I love, comes on and says, "Congratulations, you ran your fastest mile today!" or whatever you have done well that day. So today I got a Lance message. "Congratulations, today was your longest run!" It is by far my favorite part of my run!
2 comments:
You are awesome! Love your blogs!
You know how I feel about the clothing industry, we've talked about it some. But it's so true, it is so frustrating to be bigger and want to dress in nice clothes and the stores that do have your size make everything in polyester, with terrible patterns and the shape of a tarp. I was so glad to find Torrid and the fact that they have their own sizing system of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. :)
It was good to catch up on your blog, I'm so proud of you for keeping it together during this stressful time and I might have to hop on this running bandwagon.
I miss hearing your voice, talk to you soon!
Post a Comment