Ok, here goes nothing. As many of you know I have posted many times this year about gaining weight and being out of shape and wanting to do something about it. Well, now is the time. I have officially gained 30 pounds since my wedding one year ago (135 lbs to 167 lbs), gone from a comfortable size 8 jean to squeezing into a size 14 trouser and have gone from being able to run 13 miles to hardly being able to run 30 seconds. Am I embarrassed to post this in the net for all to see? I sure am, wouldn't you be? But here is how I am looking at it. What is in a number really? I have always been obsessed with my weight in numbers and I am refocusing my obsession. It should be about how you feel, right? Well, I feel lousy and I don't fit into any of my clothes. So, here is the plan. When I lived in San Diego I did a running plan that is 13 weeks long and starts out really slow. It is from the book, The beginning runner's handbook by Ian MacNeill. I am going to do that running plan again. If you want to do it with me, great. I will post each workout and we can compare notes.
Saturday's stats:
Run 30 seconds, walk 4 minutes 30 seconds, 7 times with a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down
3.26 miles
49 minutes and 47 seconds, yes, every second counts!
15.15 pace, remember I am mostly walking right now
411 calories burned
Today's stats:
Run 30 seconds, walk 4 minutes 30 seconds, 8 times with a 5 minute warm up
3.29 miles
46 minutes 32 seconds
14.06 pace, already getting better
415 calories burned
So there you go. Here are a few pics to compare body size. The first one is from Hawaii where I had already gained 10 lbs and the second pic is from Belize. What a chunk! But I am on my way!
9 comments:
Katie,
I am excited for you and for myself as well. I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I have been as heavy as 240 yes 240 lbs. I moved back from California 1 1/2 years ago and that is what I weighted. I lost 42 lbs and got down to 198 and then gained some of it back. I am back on the feel good about my self and I will post my progress with you as well. I am scheduled to have some pictures taken on Thursday so when I get them I will share with you. My goal is to get down to 134 lbs. I am as of today at 221 lbs. I am excited because it is not about the weight but how I feel about myself. I will cheer you on if you cheer me on. Together we can do this. I sure do love you and love reading your blog. Love your Aunt Nancy
I feel you I also gained back my weight after a year of marriage. I am not on a diet but, Nathan and I have been working out for the past 3 weeks. We do a circuit 3 times a week and run 2 days a week. I figure at least I won't gain anymore weight.
Thanks for the comments guys! Aunt Nancy, I am so excited for you too. Good for you loosing and and focusing on how you feel. That is how it should be! I promise to cheer you on and I would love to see your pics when you get them. I love you too!
Jenn, way to go on the circuits! That is great. You are a such a sweetheart.
um ok so I've always been jealous of how incredibly cute you are. In my mind I'm still thinking "dang she weighs what I weigh and she still looks adorable." I'm on your bandwagon, although I must say I don't think I've EVER been able to run a whole mile without stopping let alone 13.
Good for you! I also am feeling lousy lately. I haven't done anything physical in a few months and I hate it. I want to start exercising just to feel better about myself.
P.S. I love your blog!
How funny that you posted this. I started this week to improve my wellness. I've gone from a 4-6 to a 10ish. While I'm not so worried about losing too much. It would be nice to be toned again and not have to buy a whole new wardrobe. I'm on it. I don't have a scale...so I can't weigh in yet.
Thanks for putting the name of the running book. I have decided to start training for a triathlon and needed some additional motivation to start running. The plan you are starting doesn't sound like it will kill me. I hope it doesn't!
Anyhow I'm thinking about starting a blog so I can track my progress. I will let you know what I decide.
Just now checked in because I'm having too much fun visiting my parents. My mom took me shopping for some new clothes today and I had to try it all on because I can no longer say "I am this size or that." Having children has definitely changed things around a lot! I'm interested in the book you named. Sounds like something very doable even with kids beacuse I do have a treadmill - just haven't used it very much.
Hey, I was just showing mom your blog and when I scrolled down to the pictures she just gasped, "Oh Katie! She looks just like Nancy is that bottom picture."
Post a Comment