Loads of info so pull up a chair!
Saturday was Matt and Candice's reception. It was so fun seeing everyone. Glad you could all make it. We had a great time for those that did not make come. Candice looked beautiful, as usual. The band and food were great and loads of people showed up. The best part came right as the party was ending. Candice's fire chief arranged for a helicopter to fly into the reception and pick the newly weds up and fly them to Park City for the night. Candice had no idea and boy was she surprised. It was such a fun thing for them. Everyone loved it.
Packing is still taking place. Every time I look at a calender I can not believe the move is so close. I am so excited. Yippee! Johno and I have been talking about which company I should work for part time so we can get some insurance. I went to a baby shower on Sunday and talked to some of my friends about how they have babies both with and without insurance. Michelle suggested that I work for Starbucks because they have really good insurance. What can you tell me Jenn? Johno still thinks I should try and get on at Whole Foods. Coworkers at Wild Oats have heard that Whole Foods pays deductibles for employees and maybe even all the insurance it self. We will see. It does not look like the Whole Foods/Wild Oats merger is going to go through so I am going to have to apply as an outsider. Please say a little prayer for me that I can get on there. Everyday I feel more ready and more excited to have a baby. That is until today. Kelly is out of town for work so Brian asked me if I could come over this week in the mornings to watch the kids. I told him sure, I have done it before and it was a piece of cake both times. Well, everything was great, it was 11am and Heather was going to be there at 11:30 to pick up the kids so I decided to change Stinky's diaper. Well, I put him on the bed and I was tickling him and chasing him around the bed. I turned around for a second and all of a sudden I hear this big thud! He had bounced off the bed and landed face first on the hardwood floor. His tooth was bleeding, his lip was swollen and his nose was black and blue. He was screaming his head off and I was sure his nose was broken. Oh my god, I felt so bad. I tried to put some ice on his lip and nose but he did not want anything to do with that. I tried to give him and Otter pop and still no interest. Heather showed up a minuted later and laughed when I told her the story but I still felt like crying. Brian just called and said that Briley is fine, just a little red mark on his nose. Send me your parenting or babysitting horror stories so I don't feel so bad.
Speaking of which, I keep hearing of all these other blogs popping up among the family. Please send me your links so I can keep in the loop. That's all for now. It rained today and because I don't have a job I was able to sit on the door stoop and stick my feet in a puddle and watch the neighborhood kids run around and splash in the rain. God I love not working.
1 comment:
It was so good to see you the other night. I'm so excited for you new home and being together.
Horror stories... I have plenty!
Post a Comment