Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Poor little buddy!
I am by far, without a doubt, the worst aunt in the world. I got to Brian's this morning and he was still asleep on the coach. I said good morning and he asked what time it was. I told him it was 6:15am. He replied that he had only been home for a few hours. My heart sank because I knew what was coming. Apparently after he called me last night and told me everything was fine Briley started throwing up all over the place. Brian said Briley had never thrown up before so he was trying to choke it back down until Brian pinched his checks and of course it came out. Brian thought at first that he had given Briley some bad food or something until the diarreha came. He then knew something was really wrong. Brian dressed Briley and the baby and headed to the instacare who immediately turned them away because they were worried about swelling of the brain. That was too much for Brian to take so he then started throwing up in the middle of the instacare. So the three of them were off to Primary Children's Hosp. The docs wanted to do a MRI to see what was going on. The good news, no broken nose. The bad news, a bad concussion. They were finally released around 4am. I feel like such a schmuck! How could I have let this happen? Brian keeps telling me that this could have happened to anyone and that Briley falls off the bed all the time. And poor Kelly! Stuck in CA and feeling helpless. The first time she leaves her kids and I break them. GRRRR!!!! Brian slept for another hour and then snuck off to work. They are moving this weekend and I was supposed to be helping them pack but the kids woke up around 9am and I had only packed 2 boxes. Poor Stinkey lived up to his name today too. He woke up with diarreha all over himself and of course all he wanted right then was to be held. So I picked him and got covered. I finally got him in the tub and got him all changed. He would not let me leave his side so the two boxed I packed were the only two. Oh well, I can do more tomorrow. I feel so bad and really wish I could go back in time. He is going to get such a good birthday present this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment