Saturday, March 24, 2007

Small world.

Here is fun little story of how small the world is. Follow closely, you might need a piece of paper and a pen to keep track.

I grew up in SLC and had a friend named Tara who's family was all soccer like mine. Her dad coached with my dad, her brothers played with my brothers, most our family trips were spent together at soccer tournaments watching games and keeping each other sane. Tara's dad, Phil, was a big reason the Utah Freezz came to Utah. Without Phil I would have never met my Johno. Tara attended college in San Diego where she met a boy named Justin. Justin was the goalie for the soccer team at the college.

Johno and I moved to SD so he could play with the San Diego Sockers. The last season in SD, Justin was the back up goalie. Johno found out about his connection to Tara and we all thought that was funny. Our first small world experience.

I met my friend Carrie in SD where she met her husband Robbie who played with Johno. Carrie has a friend from her home town that went to Las Vegas recently for her birthday and met a "nice guy." They hung out for the weekend and she did not think that he would call her because she lives in Texas and the "nice guy" lives in California but much to her surprise, he called. The "nice guy" said that he played for the San Diego Sockers but Robbie said he did not remember him. Carrie called me to see if I did.

So who is this nice guy? None other than Justin. WHAT? Is that crazy? What a small world. Six degrees of separation!

The Detroit Ignition won last night. They are on their way to California as we speak and if they win tonight they will be league champions. How exciting. Think winning thoughts.

A quick "pick me up story." What is wrong with people?

1 comment:

troberts5 said...

Katie! I'm freaking out . . . what a small world indeed. Ha ha! "Juice" is his name and he's one funny guy. I can't believe it. Ted sent me the link to your blog so I could see pics of your new niece (who is adorable!) . . . and then I scrolled down to read all about the random coincidence with Justin. How good! I hope all is well back in SLC. Miss ya Katie :) xoxo