Friday, February 09, 2007

Confessions of a teenage drama queen

Yup, it's me again. I have many thoughts running through my head right now and I need to get them out. I hate my job right now. It is miserable. I know I hate it so bad because I work so many hours. How could I not hate it? I hate it to the point of asking another dept if they would let me transfer. I also talked to Johno about quitting and moving out to MI immediately. Just packing a bag and heading out there. I don't really want to do that to Danny, Johno's roommate. We would need our own place and I am not sure that is possible half way through the season. Anyway, all wishing aside, here is what I am getting at I guess. Right before I moved to OH I was working my butt off. I was really excited to move out there and take some time off. I had big plans but when I got there I did nothing. I slept in everyday, barely moved a muscle and guess what, I didn't love it. Well, I find myself in that situation again. I could quit my job and move out to do nothing. Right now, sound appealing but I know that if I do that I would get bored again. So I am writing a list of things I want to do now when don't have the time or energy for so I can refer back to it when I am bored and thinking the grass is greener. I am so guilty of that. Things always seem better on the other side. I need to learn to love the side I am on. Do you guys ever get sick of my whining? Sorry, little tangent. On to the list . . . .
~ Sleep, 8 hours a night. No more, no less.
~ Exercise, not obsessively but regularly. Examples of exercise, walking, running, biking, hiking, yoga, weights, classes. . . .
~ Cooking/lose weight. There is no doubt in my mind that I have put on 20 lbs because I am eating crap everyday and don't have any time to workout. Plus I like cooking.
~ Reading, books, magazines, newspapers, blogs, whatever.
~ Knitting of course and other crafts, I want to join a knitting group and go every week and be a regular. How fun! Sewing and jewelry making as well.
~ Learning/School, If I am not working and have all the time in the world why would I not go back to school?
~ Clean, I know, I know. This one seems ridiculous but I am so happy in a clean house. Nothing beats a clean bathroom and clean sheets. I unfortunately do not remember what either of those things are.
~ Travel
~ Volunteer
~ Have a baby, what else would fill all my time completely? :)
Ok, done boobing for the night. Back to work.

2 comments:

Savascha said...

Come to thursday yoga, I will "sponsor" you. You can watch me sweat all over my mat and make ridiculous faces.

Oh, and if you want to knit, I'll let you teach me. I mean, I know it's a generous offer, and I am nothing if not genorous. :)

ANNNNNND, come out with us, you'll have fun, I promise. I'll put money on it.

ally said...

Hi Katie -
It's Allyson from SD. I seem to have misplaced your email and phone number , but found this link in my old contacts folder. Just wanted to say hi and find out how you and Johno are doing. We're all fine down here. Kiley is 3 and a blast to be around and Shandley is busy working working working! Email or call us if you get a chance.