Part 1:
Sunday morning, 2:30 am.
"J, you should really get some sleep. You never know when things might start."
Sunday 4:30 am.
I got up to use the restroom. Pregnant ladies do that a lot. When I went back to bed I felt my first contraction. I knew it was all happening. I decided to get some rest instead of waking J because I knew it could be awhile before things really started. I slept until 6 am when J got up to use the restroom. I told him I was having contractions and he suggested we go back to bed. They were 15 minutes apart at this time so it was easy to sleep. We slept for a few more hours and then decided to get up. We had breakfast and called the hospital around 9 am to tell them we would be in to have a baby some time that day. We took a walk and ate some lunch. Contractions were getting closer but were not consistent and never close enough for us to think about heading in. In the afternoon they started getting further apart and by dinner time they pretty much stopped completely. We measured more than 2 hours between them. We called the hospital back and told them false alarm. We weren't coming in and our midwife told us it's pretty common for contractions to stop, but then come back much stronger and faster within 24 hours so be prepared. We went to bed around 10 pm to try and get as much sleep as possible. I slept until 11:30 when the contractions started again. And sure enough, they were stronger and faster. By about 2:30 they were coming every 4-5 minutes, and their intensity had ramped up.
Sunday morning, 2:30 am.
"J, you should really get some sleep. You never know when things might start."
Sunday 4:30 am.
I got up to use the restroom. Pregnant ladies do that a lot. When I went back to bed I felt my first contraction. I knew it was all happening. I decided to get some rest instead of waking J because I knew it could be awhile before things really started. I slept until 6 am when J got up to use the restroom. I told him I was having contractions and he suggested we go back to bed. They were 15 minutes apart at this time so it was easy to sleep. We slept for a few more hours and then decided to get up. We had breakfast and called the hospital around 9 am to tell them we would be in to have a baby some time that day. We took a walk and ate some lunch. Contractions were getting closer but were not consistent and never close enough for us to think about heading in. In the afternoon they started getting further apart and by dinner time they pretty much stopped completely. We measured more than 2 hours between them. We called the hospital back and told them false alarm. We weren't coming in and our midwife told us it's pretty common for contractions to stop, but then come back much stronger and faster within 24 hours so be prepared. We went to bed around 10 pm to try and get as much sleep as possible. I slept until 11:30 when the contractions started again. And sure enough, they were stronger and faster. By about 2:30 they were coming every 4-5 minutes, and their intensity had ramped up.
1 comment:
ok where are the rest? Write it before you forget it, plus im nosy!
Post a Comment