Thank you so much to all of you. I needed the reassurance and your kind words helped me tremendously! I had a moment of doubt but am feeling much better about things now.
Here is my top 5 list to prove to myself I can do this.
1. I survived the passing of my mother at age 13.
2. I moved out of my dad's house when I was 17 and have provided for myself ever since.
3. I have lived in 5 states, 10 cities, numerous moves, many of which were completed by myself.
4. I went back to school at the age of 30. I worked full-time and was a full-time student and managed to maintain a 3.8 gpa.
5. I have competed 3 half marathons, one while I was 16 weeks pregnant.
Obviously the people telling me I can't do this don't know me very well. I am fully capable of handling a new baby and all the challenges that come with it. Isn't that what makes parenthood so rewarding. I recognize that fact that I had help along the way with all the above challenges but I knew when to ask for help and to accept it. The same will be true with our new bundle of love.
"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
Here is my top 5 list to prove to myself I can do this.
1. I survived the passing of my mother at age 13.
2. I moved out of my dad's house when I was 17 and have provided for myself ever since.
3. I have lived in 5 states, 10 cities, numerous moves, many of which were completed by myself.
4. I went back to school at the age of 30. I worked full-time and was a full-time student and managed to maintain a 3.8 gpa.
5. I have competed 3 half marathons, one while I was 16 weeks pregnant.
Obviously the people telling me I can't do this don't know me very well. I am fully capable of handling a new baby and all the challenges that come with it. Isn't that what makes parenthood so rewarding. I recognize that fact that I had help along the way with all the above challenges but I knew when to ask for help and to accept it. The same will be true with our new bundle of love.
"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
2 comments:
Love you Katie! You are amazing and you WILL do everything you set your mind to do! Good luck with it all, you'll be an amazing mother. :)
I'm proud of you Katie! You have done alot of hard things, being a mommy will be a piece of cake! ( well, not really but you will be a great mom!)I can't wait to see his little face!
Post a Comment