What a great weekend. We decided to go camping instead of unpack. We both needed a break and we knew if we didn't get away we would just pout over how much needs to get done. We went to Crooked Lake campground in Pinckney Recreation Area. We were right next to the lake which was beautiful. There were geese and turtles and caterpillars. We made lasagna and banana boats and just hung out under the stars. Nothing better!
We had to leave early because the House and the Senate have not passed a new state budget so all the state workers stopped working yesterday at 1pm. It is crazy to think about all the jobs that are affected. State parks and rec, DMV (which is killing us because we need to go there to get the title for the car J just crashed so we can get our insurance check), teachers, state troopers . . . The troopers have said they are going to continue to work for the safety of everyone but they will be working without pay. I am not sure I would do that. Continue to work with no pay. What happens to all these people if they are living pay check to pay check? I feel really bad for everyone and hope it gets resolved asap! Michigan is in really bad shape. I wish the car companies would get it together so the people here had something to look forward to. Right now people are just holding on for dear life. It is really sad to see.
1 comment:
Am I just seeing spots, or did something happen to your blog? Please tell me that it's just my eyes!!:)
Post a Comment