Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The newest installment

A blog that I read has a lable that she frequently uses that I think is absolutely hilarious. So, I am stealing it from her. It is called, "Feeling guilty" and it is quite literally just that. Posts about things she does that she feels guilty about. Giving her kid whiskey to help her sleep, returning the birthday present her husband bought her without him knowing, buying the new Justin Timberlake album. (Yes, I love him too!) You get the picture.

So, for my first addition to, feeling guilty . . .

I spent the afternoon with Chacha and Guelita having them teach me new crafts and such. I was there for quite some time and was able to get all the scoop on most of the family. I came home feeling depressed and unworthy. How could my family be so amazing? Law school, running a farm and raising 7 children, creating art and being published, med school, singing, instruments, horse riding, swimming, dancing, school, cooking, adoption, missions, faith, love . . . . seriously guys, knock it off. How is a low life looser supposed to feel any sense of satisfaction? I think that we need to agree, as a family, to set our expectations a little lower. Come on, meet me in the middle on this one.

PS. My real feeling guilty, we are moving on Sunday and I have spent the last 3 days sitting on the couch teaching myself to croquet and watching movies instead of packing and buying more yarn because I packed up my 5 boxes of yarn, yes, 5 and felt so naked without it surrounding me. A smart person would have just unpacked a box right? Must have more yarn! Did I say 3 days? I meant 3 weeks. I love not working.

8 comments:

dusty kay said...

Katie, its Dusty. Hey I have a lame question. How do I add you to favorite links?

Anonymous said...

Katy,
our family is amazing but some of us as slackers and without us the amazing ones would not know how good they are. I am one of the slackers with you but hey i just sit back and watch in wonder and I like you am just as happy where I am in my life. I love you and will keep looking at your blog to keep up with what is happening in your life.
Love your aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah, finally, someone who feels the same way that I do about things:

#1: Justin Timberlake's latest CD is good. I just downloaded it Monday and yes, I am ashamed to admit it that I own a Justin Timberlake CD.

#2: Our family is amazing. I love them all and would do anything for them. We are so lucky to have these crazy relatives. It’s hard to be compared to them all of them all of the time.

#3: You are incredible! Seriously girl, you have done so many adventurous things in your life. I'm too much of a chicken to let's see, get married, move across country, finish my degree or choose one for that fact. You are so talented and crafty; you are so much like your mom. That is a HUGE compliment because your mom was the coolest.

#4 You live your life and experience new things all of the time. You aren't afraid to try new things and meet new people. You are an example of what I would like my life to be.

I know I hardly see you, but I am going to miss you when you move. Keep up the blog because I read it all of the time. Who knows, maybe I will start one too one of these days.

Love Another Alba Family Slacker - Jessie

Montserrat said...

Why didn't anyone tell me you had a blog?!!! I only knew because I checked my blog stats to see who came visiting the last few days and saw your blog link on there.

I totally agree with Jessie especially on #3. You remind me of your mom, who was (still is!) my favorite aunt.

katie said...

Thanks you guys. You are the best. Aunt Nanc, you are not one of the slackers. You are amazing too. I can not believe how much school you have under your belt. And Jessie, what are you talking about? You are a manager at a super cool jewlery company. That is pretty big time. Hi Montse, glad we are connected. Can't wait to sit down and start from the beginning with you. Dusty, there should be a button that says bookmarks or favorites. Mine is at the top of my computer, on my tool bar. I love you guys. Thanks for the compliments on my mom. I miss her so much and hope that she is proud of me.

Anonymous said...

Talk about slacker- I don't even have a blog. It was nice to see you at Matt's wedding. I have to agree with Montse about your mom- I always looked forward to the crisp 2 dollars and stick of gum your sweet mom sent on birthdays.

Unknown said...

Katie,
You are so amazing! I know your mom is very proud of you! It was so good to see you at Lito's. I'm excited to see your blog finally.

AllisonK said...

I thought I was the only one with guilt!

Love you.