Thursday, May 31, 2007

He he he!

What do you know! I am at work and I snuck onto the blog. Life is good right now!

I have so much to say I don't know where to begin!!!

#1. I am so sorry I have been such a flake lately. I could list all the excuses but I won't.

#2. Life is working itself out, one way and then another. I had decided to stay in SLC to go to nursing school and not move to MI with Johno. Well, I heard from SLCC and the waiting list for the RN program is out until 2012!!! WHAT!!! Can you believe that?! Detroit offered Johno a raise and a 2 year contract which sweetens the deal a little bit. I applied for a community college in Detroit and am just waiting to hear back from them. I figured out that MI only has a 6 month residency requirement and MI's out of state tuition is still cheaper than instate tuition in UT. Can you believe that?!?! It is cheaper for me to pay out of state tuition. I can't believe it. And with Johno's raise I wouldn't have to work so I could go to school full time and not worry about money. If I stayed in SLC I would have to work full time and go to school full time and that would not be fun. So, all points of the arrow are pointing to MI. Johno has to go back next week and I would really like to stay for Matt and Candice's wedding so I think I will stay until the end of July, continue to work at ARUP and Wild Oats and then move out at the beginning of August. Johno needs to see when he has time to come home and help me pack up the house. I hate the thought of moving again but sometimes you have to take one for the team. Literally!

#3. Our trip was amazing. We need to do that more often. We left the 13th and flew to Belize City. We then boarded a plane that took us to Caye Caulker which is a tiny island off the coast. There are only 1200 people that live there. The island is 1 mile wide by 2 miles long and because it is so small there are no cars on the island. People walk, ride bikes or drive golf carts. It was amazing. Monday we just walked around and checked out the island. Tuesday we took a sail boat snorkeling tour which was awesome. We hit 3 snorkeling spots. The first was coral reef, the second was Shark Ray Alley and yes, there were sharks and sting rays swimming with us. Well, not me, I did not get in the water. NO WAY! The third spot was Hol Chan which was so cool. On the way home our tour guides made us rum punch and fresh conch ceviche! I had never had such fresh fish. Amazing. Wednesday was more bumming around. Thursday we took a water taxi to Belize City and then headed up the in the mountains for a day of zip lines and cave tubing. Really fun and exciting. Friday we took a fly fishing lesson in the morning and then got a fly fishing guide to take us out on the ocean. I caught a snapper which would have been really exciting except we were fishing for bone fish. Not sure if fly fishing is my thing. Johno caught 3 bones fish. He was really proud of himself. Saturday we took a plane to Chetumal and then hired a guy to get us across the Belize border into Mexico. We then boarded a bus and took a 4 hour bus ride up to Tulum Mexico. There we met 13 of our friends. They had rented an entire villa and had one bungalow open so we jumped on the opportunity. It was breath taking. You know the Corona commercials? Well, the beach we stayed on is where they film those commercials. White sand beaches, crystal blue water, great snorkeling, beautiful bungalows . . . . What can I say? It was heaven. Loads of relaxing, eating, reading, knitting, soaking up the rays . . . I do not think I have ever been this tan. A guy at work asked me if I had used too much "instant tan" cream. I just laughed. We flew home on Saturday and it was really hard to come back to reality. But what a great way to spend 14 days. I would go back in a heart beat.

#4. Jenn, I am so excited for you and Nathan. It is about time something came your way! I can't wait to see pics off the new place. Same with you Tara! Congrats on your new place.

Well, I am sure you have to run and so do I. I will post pics this weekend. We didn't take a lot of pictures but I will post the ones we have. Hope everyone is well!

No comments: