Tuesday, November 14, 2006

NYC Baby!



I think it is Vegas Baby, but this time it will be NYC! What a weekend. Quick recap of the weekend. I worked the graveyard shift at ARUP on Wednesday night to Thursday morning. I packed Thursday afternoon and was to the airport by 6pm. Took the red eye Thursday night to Friday morning and arrived in NYC at 5am Friday. It was a rough way to start the weekend but I was excited. I took the subway into Manhattan and ditched my bag at the hotel and I was off. One of my favorite stores, American Apparel, just happened to be located right next to the hotel so it was a perfect way to start my day. Then I was off on a stroll in Central Park. It was a beautiful day. The leaves were still hanging on and the sun was shining. It was great. Found a cafe and had some tea to wake me up. It was nice to sit for a little while. I then tried to go to Coney Island to find Indian Larry's shop for the boys but I did not prevail. Oh well, I had a nap on the subway. Ha ha ha. I finally met up with Kristin and Becky at the hotel, took a shower and then we were off again. We went to Ground Zero and walked around, neither of them had been to NYC since 9/11. The memorial they put up is pretty interesting. Sad pictures. Kristin has a friend that lives in Brooklyn so we went there for dinner. He was bartending and took really good care of us. He was a sweetheart. Christina and Sabrina found us in Brooklyn and everyone wanted to go out but I was ready to crash. I headed back to the hotel for rest and recoup and to get ready for Saturday! Shopping, shopping, shopping was the theme of the day for Saturday. Straight to 5th Ave it was. H&M was first. We were there for 2 hours! Found some great stuff. There was a Veteran's Day parade going on so we watched for a little while. After an afternoon of shopping we went home for a much needed nap. Then it was off to Tribeca for a fancy shmancy dinner. Corn and lobster souffle was what I ordered. Oh, it was $100! Ouch! It was good though. Then to the Brandy Library for Brandy Alexanders. YUM!!! Home to sleep. Sunday was China Town day. It was pouring down rain so it ended up being run from cover to cover but we still had a good time. We found a bar in the village for shelter and drinks. That started the bar hopping. Beer at the pub, wine at Simones, mixers at the live music joint, and so on . . . Finished the night off with pizza, yum! I had originally planned on flying home Monday afternoon but when Ria looked at flights she was really worried I was not going to get on so we bumped my flight up to 645am flying out of Newark which meant I needed to leave the hotel by 4am to get there in time. The theme for the weekend was definitely not sleep. Made my first flight to AZ and then the trouble started. Got to AZ at 9am and my flight to SLC was supposed to leave at 11am. Missed that flight because it was full. Tried the 2pm, did not get on. 5pm, no room on the flight. 7pm, nope. 830pm, still no luck. So, after a day at the airport Ria let me take her car to her house and crash there. Crash is literally what I did. I do not think I have ever slept so well on a couch! Up at 630am and back to the airport. Thank god I got on the 8am flight. Deb is working for me today until 5pm so I only have a half shift which is great. I am doing laundry and cleaning up. Plan to take a nap before I go in. What a fun weekend. NYC made me thankful for a lot of things. #1, my yard and the mountains. While the city is fun, I would miss nature if I lived there. #2, Diversity. Diversity of people, style, hair, body types, everything. I get caught up in the SLC way of things sometimes. Out here I have a "different" style type and in NYC I was definitely on the tame side of things. Made me laugh. #3, My family and friends. You feel so small in such a big place. It is good to know I have people who love me and who I love. Pics of the girls on our Happy 30th Birthday Kristin weekend! Enjoy.

1 comment:

RiaOK said...

Katie! What the hell? Why did you sleep on the couch? I have an extra bedroom! Crazy girl! It was great seeing you again even if it was just for a quick minute...see you for Thanksgiving!