Saturday, November 25, 2006

Just call me grandma!

I went over to Josh and Lindsay's a few weeks ago and for some reason Samuel called me grandma all night long. The only thing we could come up is that I slightly resembled Grandma Anne and maybe the short hair. So I went over on Wednesday for pizza and to check out their new kitchen. They had some other friends over as well and they have a child around Sam's age. So we are hanging out and Zach walks up to me and says, "What is this grandma?" Not just once but a few times. There was no preemptive action. He did it on his own. So, I am growing my hair out again. I can't handle being a grandma. Ha ha ha!

Thanksgiving was good. I decided to skip San Diego. I have not seen Matt in 2 months and I did not want to compete for attention. I know that he needed to focus on the kids and the parents so I let him go and do his thing. He was not very happy about that decision but I think it was better in the long run. I will see him soon enough. I went to the Alba family function with Matt and Candice for a minute and then we met the Cruz family for a movie. We saw Happy Feet. It was an interesting adventure. I guess the movie theater has started assigned seating. It sounds good in theory but believe me, it was a nightmare. Everyone was yelling and everyone had to move, it was awful. I battled the mall today for a moment. I am glad that I did. I got 2 skirts, a pair of pants, a shirt, a pair of tights and a jacket for under $100 at the gap. Every thing was marked down and then an additional 15% off. Can't beat that. I am happy with my purchases. I was at Matt and Candice's before that for Thanksgiving dinner. They wanted leftovers and since we went to the church for dinner they didn't get any so they made a whole dinner today. It was pretty good.

Saw the forecast today. The high on Wednesday is supposed to be 26 and overnight low is supposed to be 8!!!!! Ouch! Sure glad I have heat in my house.

My dad is leaving for Columbia tomorrow. Say a little prayer that he comes home alive. I think he will have good protection but you never know down there.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Wish we good have been together. Love you all!

ps, the spell check is not working right now so bare with me. I will spell check tomorrow. Sorry!

No comments: