Saturday, October 21, 2006

My new job

I have received a few questions regarding my new job. It really isn't a new job, just a new position. I am still working at ARUP Laboratories up at research park. We are a blood lab that performs over 2000 tests for hospitals across the nation. We test for everything from HIV to Lyme Disease to allergies on food and plants and animals. I work in the client services department. Basically clients call in and need information on specimen requirement or test information or results. Actually it could be anything. Once we got a patient calling wanting to know if we could test their jello pudding because they thought their spouse was trying to poison them. It is very interesting. There is a lot to know and is different everyday. I work 7 ten hours days and then get 7 days off to recover and the company compensates me for the 10 hours I miss to make up for the 80 hour paycheck. It is really a good gig. I am lucky to have fallen into it. That is why it is usually on my "thankful" list.

Went to the last farmers market today. I love going to the farmers market. I got late so I didn't have as much time as I would have liked. Oh well, next year. I asked one of the artists to make me a skirt and bag. I can't wait to see what she comes up with. Check out her website. She has such great stuff. www.web.mac.com/lovebucket She is so creative. Love her! My other favorite thing that happened today . . . I got a pumpkin spice chai latte at Starbucks. Liquid heaven! If you've never had one I highly recommend getting one! Yum!

Now for my three things . . .
1. My ability to create. I love being able to knit and sew. I may not be any good but it is great that I can try.

2. A beautiful sunny day to wake up to. This morning was amazing. A perfect fall day. Sun in the sky and a cool brisk air. Love it!

3. A great and loving brother! Ok really 3 but today especially Matt. I forgot my knitting at home and he went to my house to pick it up and brought it to my work so I wouldn't get bored. Then he was on his way to Josh's to help him tile his house. What a good guy. Don't know what I would do without him!!!

Jessie, got your note. Lets go to the movies! It will be a blast. Give me a call any time. Miss you!

No comments: