Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Month Two

Dear Diego,

You are already two months old! I can't believe how fast time is going. Please stop growing so fast.

This month has been another whirlwind. Your Uncle Sam and Uncle Jeff came to visit you along with your Grandpa Steve, Grandma Ann and Auntie Sophie. We cooked, played cards, went to dinner and had a grand old time.




You started smiling this month, Diego. Dad and I can't get enough of it. It melts our hearts when you smile and laugh. You have discovered your hands and love to suck on them. You love to suck on anything you can get your mouth on! Your hands, fingers, arms, dad's neck and nose! It is hilarious. You are sleeping longer at night too which makes Dad and I very happy. Everyone comments on how alert you are and it's true! You are so interested in everything. I bought you a swing this month that you absolutely love! You would swing for hours if we would let you. It calms you right down if you are upset and usually puts you right to sleep.  

Papa and I still love to snuggle with you. We are trying to be good about putting you in your bassinet but sometimes we just have to cuddle up close!


You and I have been going for long walks. You are such a trooper and still seem to like your stroller. Most days you nap while I walk. Other days you stay awake and just check everything out.  You completed in your first 5k this month. It was Race for the Cure! You wore a pink shirt that said, "Real Men Wear Pink!" Only one woman commented on what a cute girl you are. 




You also celebrated your first Cinco de Mayo this month.  

Diego, you amaze me everyday. You are such a good boy and I just love hanging out with you. I enjoy watching you grow and just love seeing the person you are becoming. You are so much fun and I love that you are mine, my little boy. 

Te amo mi hijo! Tu mama

Weight 12 lbs
Length 24 inches