Sunday, September 13, 2009

Give me break!

I'm registered for 13 hours this semester which amounted to $1100. I, of course, did not qualify for any financial aide so we had to pay out of pocket. Then came my books!!! My english teacher did not require us to get any books, thank goodness! My political science book was $100, my communications book was $125 (which I might add was written by my teacher), and my spanish book was $160 dollars. This weekend we are supposed to do some of the spanish lessons in the workbook which is partly on line. I logged onto the website and it instructed me to pay a small fee. Small right, so I'm thinking $10 - $25, oh no! It is another $80! What the hell is going on here?!~?!? I can not believe how expensive college is. I know, you've all been there but it's all new to me. How did you all pay for your college education?

6 comments:

Nancy C. #12 said...

I got by education paid by my employer! It was a great company I was working for. They paid for everything except 50% of books. It was wonderful. Who do you say I was working for. It was Clinical Innovations, your Uncle Chris Cutler's Company. I would not have gotten my engineering degree without them!
Love Ya,
Aunt Nancy

Unknown said...

I luckily had financial aid, but books were pricey. :) I found alternate places to buy my books. Online there's half.com and other places you can usually find them cheaper than the bookstore. Good luck.

Carrie-Area Director said...

Student loans girlie! That's how I paid for school. I actually paid them all off when I was living in SD! College is just getting more and more expensive, I don't know how my kids will be able to afford it. We've started a fund for them but I don't think it will be enough... Just be happy you are going and will be able to have a job you are happy with in the future!

Michelle said...

I had to take out student loans for my current program...it was my first time and I hate it. I'm paying almost $10,000 a semester here at Westminster and I'm about to shoot myself.

Ivan and Shelley said...

Work for the college, half tuition if your part time and full tuition if your full time.

Heather said...

Scholarship.... soccer does a mind good, lol!
-h