Sunday, January 20, 2008

What up party people?

Hi all! It's been a while so I will give you a quick update . . .

Things in MI are cold cold cold. It is 10 degrees outside right now but feels like -10 according to weather.com. It was like this yesterday and should continue on through the week. Brrr! We didn't let the cold get to us though. J and I, along with some other teammates went snowboarding yesterday. It was not like Utah skiing but it was still pretty fun. I was bundled up so much I could hardly move. The only thing that got cold were my fingers though. It was a blast. I am so glad we went.

J's team is doing well. The team is in first place which is exciting. J is playing alot and having a blast. I forgot to tell everyone but the league has a highlighted game that is nationally televised each Friday night. Not sure when the next D town game is but you can check it out on detroitignition.com.

J's birthday was on Thursday. We went to our fav veggie restaurant and had dinner. It was delicious. I had pumpkin ravioli with a creamy mushroom sauce. I could have eaten it all night long. We went to see Juno after dinner. It was really cute/funny. Good flick. J also bought a car last week. We went back to the same dealer we bought his last car from. They had another Matrix so we got it. I am so glad he has his own car again. My car has not left the garage in 2 days. Yippee!

I finally got some time off of work to come home. I will be in town from Feb 16th until FFeb 23rd. I would really like to see everyone. Lets put something together.

I picked up a few great books this week. Skinny Bitch which only took me a day to read. Very interesting book on food and the food industry. Check it out. The other book I am totally stoked on is Knitting for Peace. This lady wrote a book on all the charity knitting going on around the world. It is amazing and has me all pumped up to do some charity knitting. Super cool!

Not much else going on. Work is still crazy. Can't wait to come home. Miss everyone like crazy. Oh, there is something else. I have been reading about all of you who are doing the century this year. I asked for a bike trainer for my birthday and Matt sent me his. I have been on it almost everyday since I got it. I been riding 20 mins to 45 mins a day. I just ordered some spin type class videos that I should be getting this week. I can't wait to try them out. What I guess I am trying to say is I would love to ride the century too. I think it will be a blast.

A pic since we have not posted one in a while. Us before J's big birthday date.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Katie,

Cute picture, you and Johno look so happy. I'm glad that you are going to do the century ride with us. I would love to plan a lunch or dinner when all of us can get together. Let me know what day works best for you and I will plan it.

NJ said...

Hi Katie,

What a great blog - and I love the pictures! I admit that I haven't visited your site since checking out the pictures from your Belize vacation because I didn't know you post notes so frequently. I just read all of your postings from last summer until now - and it's great to get so much news!

It's late and I'm too exhausted to write, having worked most of the weekend on a report and then having to blow torch (very carefully!) my car door to get it unfrozen. Thanks for the picture of you and Matt before going out on his birthday, and YEA! the Ignition are in first place!

Stay warm - Hugs,
Nancy

Carrie-Area Director said...

Love the pic! You look so gorgeous like usual! Happy belated b-day to Johno! Congrats on the car! We need to find a time that you can come and see me and Z! Let me know when you are free! Rob's friend are going to be here this weekend and then I don't think we have a visitor until end of March so I'm free! Love ya lots! Have fun in Utah!

dusty kay said...

I love the picture Katie,you are so beautiful!!! I read the Skinny Bitch too and thought it was good. I found a lot of interesting things in it. I hope to see you when you come in. Maybe we can plan a lunch date if you have some time.

Michelle said...

I am in Honduras until the 18th of February but would love to get together sometime. Keep me posted!

AllisonK said...

darling photo! Love ravioli sounds wonderful! I would love to get together as well.

Unknown said...

Me too, happy late birthday to your hubby. Dinner sounds yummy. I'm excited to see you.