Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cleanse, yuck

So Johno likes to do a cleanse after his season so we are on our week of cleansing. Yuck! This year we are doing the Master Cleanse. It is rough, let me tell you. We start the day off with a 32oz salt water drink. It is the consistency of blood so your kidneys don't pick it up so it goes straight to your colon to "bath" it. OMG, it is a terrible way to start your day. The drink is really thick and hard to choke down. Then we consume nothing but a concoction of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. Not as bad as it sounds. Then we finish the day with an herbal laxative tea. Things are really moving around down there if you know what I mean. One day down, 3 more to go. The book suggests that you cleanse for 10 days but #1, I don't think I go that long and #2, we will be in Belize so 4 days it is. Other than the salt flush it is not that bad. I am a little hungry but not dying. I have lost 2 lbs so far. I will keep you updated.

No comments: