Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Rough Day!

So I talked with Allstate today and they said, "Your check is ready to go. We just need to arrange a meeting so we can get your title and we will give you your check." A dark cloud suddenly appeared. I don't know where my title is. Crap! I reregister my car a few months ago and couldn't find the title then so I went to the DMV hoping they would let it slide and they did. So I didn't pursue the new title. What a dumby. Lesson learned, don't wait for tomorrow what you can do today. Grrrr! So I changed into my bike attire and was headed off to run some errands. I pulled out my bike and discovered 2, yes 2, flat tires. Yikes! What is going on? So I walk to the gas station, half a mile or so, and put in fifty cents to get some air. Well, because I have a fancy road bike, the stems on my tires don't match the valve on the air pump. What strike am I on again? So I walk home and call the "save the day brother." He comes to get me on his Harley and we head off on my errands. REI for new tires, Peerless for some shampoo, Bed Bath and Beyond for a new mirror . . . and it starts raining. Ok, who did I piss off up there? We finish the errands and arrive back home. Yeah, the mail has arrived. Who sent us something? The state of California tax commission board. Apparently they over paid us $500 on our taxes in 2003. What!?!?!?! Can they go back that far? So I put the letter down and try and pump my tires. Pump doesn't work. Try and call Matt for some advise. My phone magically turned itself over to analog roaming and won't place the call. Try and log onto the computer for some online advise. No internet. Called Comcast and they say it is going to be 2 weeks before they can come and look at it. Ok seriously? What is going on? Finally my phone works. Call Matt. He tells to me to release the valve. Computer gets reconnected. Johno is going to look at the tax thing. I am sending all the paper work off tomorrow to get a new title. Should only take 3 weeks. Yikes. At least the ball is rolling. Have you ever had one of those days?

No comments: