Sunday, April 02, 2006

My first long run . . .

Yikes!!! Today is a new day and of course I was late to work. My phone didn't update the time change and I slept in. Oops. It's happened before and I am sure it will happen again. It's life, right?

A woman I work with, Amy, wants to run the St. George marathon this October and I told her I would do it with her. I think I am crazy but I need something to train for. Amy works for Wild Oats as well and we found out WO is a sponsor for the Salt Lake marathon so we can run for free. We decided we would do the half marathon to prepare for the full. The half marathon will be 2 weeks before the wedding. Many people think I am crazy doing a hm 2 weeks before the wedding, including Johno. I think I am going to need a stress reliever and if I have to train there is no excuse. Anyway, I had my first long run yesterday. I ran 5 miles and boy are my knees sore. I was impressed with myself for running 5 miles! It has been awhile since I have run but other than my knees I feel pretty good. I really hope we can do it! Or rather, that I can do it!

The Storm is playing Baltimore tonight. I wish I could go the game. I will be in Chi-town next week so I will see Johno then. Not long now until he is back in the SLC with me. Yeah!

I hope you enjoy the pictures I posted yesterday. I need feedback on favorites because I can't narrow it down to just one. Dan Gorder took the pictures in the main library, downtown SLC. We had so much fun and think he did a great job. Dan is the photographer that took the pictures of Elizabeth Smart and Emmanuel drinking at the party. We thought about restaging the scene for our pictures but opted against it. Probably a smart decision.

No comments: